WW you do????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fluffystuffs808, Jun 24, 2010.

1. fluffystuffs808

fluffystuffs808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Hawaii
    [​IMG] Okay, I know people eat chickens but... I am selling a few of my Silkie chicks and I keep them for pets but I had a buyer tell me that they wanted my Silkies for medicinal reasons. I was a little [​IMG] and I was wondering if any other Silkie owners had this type of experience. Do other Silkie breeders sell their chickens for food? Sorry if this is in the wrong area.....

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Over where they originated they are food. Personally I think if you sell the animal its not your decision on what happens to it... Aside from abuse.
    I sold a goat for meat, would have rather him live out a long and happy life but I know he was going to be cared for and he was going to feed a family so really I didnt mind [​IMG]

Just look at it this way..
    The silkie could go to home where it is suppose to live out the rest of its life but be killed by the family dog. Really you have no control over what happens to the animal after it leaves your possession

3. fluffystuffs808

fluffystuffs808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Hawaii
    Yes, I guess you are right. I try not to think about it and I guess the less questions I ask, the better. Thanks for your input SarahFair. BTW, is that avatar your picture? You are very pretty!

4. Show Me Chick

Show Me Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Well it's your choice if you want to sell them for that purpose or not. If you don't want to just tell them "you want them to go to a pet or show home and sorry your not selling them for that purpose". They might have someone else call for them and lie and say they want them as pets....but at least you wont feel bad by knowing. But after they leave your hands you can't have a say in what they are used for.

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Yes it is and thank you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by