Wyandotte and white cochin

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shawnanjohn, Oct 9, 2019.

1. shawnanjohn

shawnanjohn Chirping

Aug 14, 2019
    middle Maryland
    Cockerels or pullets? I ordered all pullets but well nothing is perfect. About 6 weeks old. I'm pretty sure the wyandotte is a pullet she has one spike starting to come in on her comb but it is still nice and orange. The cochin has the only set of pink/red comb and waddles out of everyone but idk if that is a breed characteristic with the whites. Most pics I come across online show redder combs then most.

Attached Files:

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Free Ranging

Hi there. :frow

Wattles on the white one and stated age... say cockerel. I would have a hard time convincing myself otherwise. :)

Feather pattern on the Wyandotte says cockerel. But the comb isn't screaming it and I can't make out wattles. Could just be poor pattern quality. :pop

:fl

ColtHandorf and shawnanjohn like this.
  3. Sheltiepawz

Sheltiepawz Chirping

Sep 16, 2019
    Deep South Louisiana
    I still love your Cochin and do wish I wouldn’t have cut that from order.
    Fingers crossed for your GLW! Mine looks exactly like yours and is 4 weeks. Supposed to be a pullet also:fl:fl:fl.

shawnanjohn likes this.
  4. shawnanjohn

shawnanjohn Chirping

Aug 14, 2019
    middle Maryland
    after we finished talking the other day about the my 2 cochins being opposite in personality it started to click... crap.. dude looks like a lady. I wish you were closer you could take him! No boys allowed in my town.
    I don't know about the GLW I have been googling and comparing and it may need to be a couple more weeks unless someone can give me a confident response. All 6 have waddles this pic shows them a bit better. They would rather eat my phone then get their pictures taken.

Attached Files:

Sheltiepawz likes this.
  5. Sheltiepawz

Sheltiepawz Chirping

Sep 16, 2019
    Deep South Louisiana
    I’m technically allowed roosters, but I don’t think our neighbors would like us very much anymore . He does look a little pink. Maybe it’s the white making it look worse. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

6. Frazzemrat1

Frazzemrat1 Free Ranging

May 8, 2017
    Eastern Connecticut
    Idk, the GLW looks like a cockerel to me. The comb looks really big, along with the poor lacing on the wings. That all says cockerel.

Now, the cochin... the face is aweful red for a pullet, but! a cochin cockerel of that age usually has a much larger comb. I'm on the fence here.

7. Sheltiepawz

Sheltiepawz Chirping

Sep 16, 2019
    Deep South Louisiana
  8. Sheltiepawz

Sheltiepawz Chirping

Sep 16, 2019
    Deep South Louisiana
    Victoria 4 weeks, she has the tiniest pale wattles appearing.

Attached Files:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: