1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandotte bantam vs Frizzles

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Angelic Vampyre, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Angelic Vampyre

Angelic Vampyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Ok me being me have heard of some hens that need a new home.

I currently have two Light Sussex hens who fit in their temp coop as I need to build them a bigger one. However I have come across a coop that would fit some bantams in it and am looking at picking it up as it was cheap and you know someday i might need it.... well that day arrived, i think.

Anyway I have heard of 3 wyandotte bantams that needs a new home but also of two Frizzles. Now I can't take them all as council states I can only have 5 and i already have two.

I want to make sure whoever I take in will blend well with my existing family. I would house them in two seperate coops. The new small one for the new girls and the old soon to be replaced large coop for my Light Sussex girls but the question is more if I can take some of these girls which breed should I go for.

Price is not an issues as both are looking for new homes at no cost and I am trying to find a home for the other ones at the same time.

Any thoughts? Also if you think this is a shocking idea mixing bantam size and large size feel free to say and I will stick to just trying to find them a new home that is not my house.

2. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    I have 22 birds all in one coop. 22 Chickens and 5 of them are Bantams. My main Roo is currently a Bantam. He may end up retiring to the nursery in a year when I get my dream Blue Wheaten Roo. (My Bantam Roo and Hen brood and raise any eggs and I plan on allowing them to hatch more in the future.)
    All of the chickens get along wonderfully. My Bantam Rooster is the oldest Roo at 1 yr old and the standard chickens were 3 and 5 weekers so they grew up respecting the Bantam. Now they are all huge and they still respect him and everyone is harmoneouse.

Check out http://beautifulchickens.blogspot.com/ for photos of the combined flock and the bantam parents wtih their 3 RIR chicks.

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I have both and the frizzles are way friendlier then the wyandottes.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I have large birds and banties. Most of them are in seperate coops. I alternate free-ranging so we don't have any roo issues. Banty Wyandottes are really pretty, and probably better layers (less broody), but I'd rather have frizzle cochins. They're so easy-going,and really cute when they're out foraging. Especially on a windy day [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by