Wyandotte / Barnavelder - Boys / Girls - So many questions!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by EccaChook, Feb 7, 2014.

1. EccaChook

EccaChook New Egg

Feb 7, 2014
    Hi Fellow Chook Lovers! [​IMG]

I'm a long time reader of the BYC forums and info, but first time poster (I hope this is in the right place!).

I have a question that I'm hoping to get your opinions on. I recently received some eggs to pop under my extremely clucky Bantam Pekin "Lemon". She did an awesome job and we had 100% hatching success (6 eggs = 6 chickies). The fluffies were hatched on the 25th and 26th Jan (so about 2 weeks old). Unfortunately, I've got no idea what these little babies are (I believe they're Wynadottes with maybe one Barnavelder) and I'm also wondering what the chances are of someone taking a shot at guessing their sex??!! Would love your thoughts!! [​IMG]

Here's some piccies I took today...they're active little fluffies so apologies in advance (I did try and catch a couple while they were about to drop off to sleep after chasing eachother around with earth worms)....let me know if better pictures might help with better guesses [​IMG] ...there's 3 dark ones and 3 light ones...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any feedback / suggestions and guesses!!!

2. shelbydog

shelbydog Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    Bristow, ok
    All I can say is awe they are soooo cute! Congrats on the hatch rate.

1 person likes this.
  3. Double Laced

Double Laced Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Hi there and welcome.

Can't really help with the wyandottes and I don't keep many.

Barnevelders are my thing , we have about 200 of 9 different types and I'm afraid none of chicks look like pure barnies. ( one looks like it might be a blue laced). Barnevelders are Difficult to sex at the best of times,they will need to a little older.

1 person likes this.
  4. It is too young to tell their gender, but maybe someone can tell you their breed!

5. Double Laced

Double Laced Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2012
    Yorkshire
    I have shown your pics to a friend of mine .

He says it looks like you have 3 Gold laced wyandottes, 2 gold laced and a buff laced. He did add it is difficult to know exactly without knowing the proper parentage.

Post a few more pics in a couple of weeks and we will take another look

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by