Wyandotte chick can't walk...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by goatkeepers, Jul 26, 2008.

1. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    It hatched late, day 23 and I had to help it out. It's been really week but now is trying to get around a bit. Looks like it has curled toes but it seems like it can't straighten its "ellbows" (?). It walks, but its feet are tucked under the body. Do you think thats just from being weak or does it need to be corrected? I was going to wait until tomorrow morning and then fix the toes with "boots", if there's no improvement. But what about the legs? It just kinda wobbles with its feet underneath it. [​IMG]

2. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Bump. [​IMG] I don't know if there's anything I can do to straighten the legs? Has anyone experienced this before?

3. cboois94

cboois94 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Milton
    I know you posted this in 2008 but I need help too. One of my Araucana chicks (Hatched on the eve of 1-31-11) along with three other chicks can not bare weight on its left leg, the poor thing wabbels to get from here to there with no problem but cannont stand at all. I kept it alone in the incubator another night thinking maybe it was just weak from the hatch but I took it out today and it has imporved some but still cant walk. I put it in with the other chicks and the chick perked right up, and sat up right for a bit.

Can anyone help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by