Wyandotte Chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephanie1992, Dec 28, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

I had 3 wyandotte chicks hatch. two look like this and the others buff a brown dot and lines on its back.

what color is this one? ill post new pics when it drys out all the way. Is it Silver laced??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    It looks.like a silver laced.

3. stephanie1992

Quote:oh yup id does appear to be a SLW

4. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    I forgot to mention, that yellow chick could have some Delaware in it. Was it out of one of the green eggs or the cream ones?

5. stephanie1992

Quote:cream. lighter than the ones these came out of. one chick isnt doing good. its very weak and took it all day and all night to hatch. this one in the pic is weak but is doing ok. the other 3 r doing great. do u have a Buff Orp?? i was thinking it could be mixed with one

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  6. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    You know, I do have some hatchery quality Buff Orp hens. Their eggs are less speckelled than the Wyandottes, and maybe a touch darker. I didn't think they were laying, as they were molting, but it could be.

7. stephanie1992

Quote:what ever it is its cute. the olive eggers are nice looking to. both are black with a white dot on there heads

8. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Yeah, silverlaced.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by