Wyandotte Chicks (roughly 4-6 weeks) updated pics:)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CRob88, Apr 8, 2012.

1. CRob88

CRob88 New Egg

Mar 19, 2012
    Prospect, Maine
    Here are some updated pictures of my Wyandotte chicks! They have been growing so fast and everyday it seems like I notice something new about them. I am still going back and forth on whether or not they are roosters or hens so any help with identification would be greatly appreciated. I attempted to do the copper wire over the back of the chicks but they seemed more interested in checking out the cooper wire than sitting still:) Just finished the final touch up on the coop and hope to have the little buggers outside by the end of the month. Here are some of the new pics!!![​IMG]

It is a meal worm frenzy!!!
    [​IMG]

Lola getting some grit

[​IMG]

Cliffords close up to the camera!
    [​IMG]

Phyllis on the left and Mr. T on the right...Definitely thinking Phyllis is a rooster but can not decide on Mr. T as his feathers are rounded and came in as quickly as the rest. Clifford is in the back on the right with Lola on the back left.
    [​IMG]

Turbo on her perch. The only one to get up there so far, but she thinks she is pretty cool
    [​IMG]

Phyllis
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. CRob88

CRob88 New Egg

Mar 19, 2012
    Prospect, Maine
    Does anyone have any opinions on what these little guys/gals are going to turn out to be?

3. laughingdog52

laughingdog52 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    Eastern Oregon
    Are these silver laced Wyandottes? I have some too. A bought them a pullets-not straight run, but will be checking them with the info I read in the forums. Mine were born 3-7-12.[​IMG]

4. CRob88

CRob88 New Egg

Mar 19, 2012
    Prospect, Maine
    These are silver laced wyandottes:) There is one (Mr. T) who has brown spot on the top of head that runs to his back so I am wondering if he will turn out to be a mix. Only time will tell!

5. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    I don't think any are mixes. All chickens have different markings!

6. gardendufus

gardendufus Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, I give, what is the copper wire thingy you are talking about. My GLW's are only a week old so I'm gonna just have to wait and see an egg or hear a crow I guess.

7. chefchick

chefchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    They look just like mine that are almost a month old! So cute! I am curious about figuring out the sexes though.... mine had better all be pullets!

8. kreagerm

kreagerm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    I just brought 2 home today. Bet you remember when they were this size
    [​IMG]

9. whytedragon

whytedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Floresville, Texas
    To me..Phyllis and MrT look like roosters, the rest that I can see clearly look like pullets. Ive never had this breed before so I could be wrong, just going by the obvious waddles/combs. They sure are cute!

10. CRob88

CRob88 New Egg

Mar 19, 2012
    Prospect, Maine
    Thank you for all of the replies everyone!! The cooper wire trick that I mentioned was suggested to me on another one of my earlier post. There is an old wives tale that says if you take a small piece of cooper wire and coil it on a small piece of string it will help identify the sex of the chicks. If the cooper swings back and forth over the chicks back they you have a rooster, however if it swings around in a circular motion then you have a pullet! Unfortunately my little chicks were more interesting in checking out the cooper wire than they were interested in sitting still:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by