Wyandotte Comb Color??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Morgan7782, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I am so confused lol. I have two Blue Wyandotte (Been told they are Blue LACED but really I don't know/care) pullets and am confused on their combs...

One has a black comb, while the other has a normal flesh colored comb. Neither has pink to their comb yet, but I am confused at the differences. Is this common?

If pictures are needed let me know. There are also a ton of pictures here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4420694#p4420694

I
    am just confused about the two blue's comb differences. Neither looks like a cockerel to me but if you see anything with a trained eye please let me know if that's the difference.

2. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Songster

Jul 25, 2009
    Don't worry - both combs will redden as the birds mature! A healthy cockerel at the age of your birds would have red comb already, so I wouldn't worry about gender [​IMG]

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you! These are my first wyandottes so I am very new to the breed. Trying to educate myself as much as possible [​IMG] These girls are wonderful! Each of them are so sweet, and friendly. I cannot wait to get my entire flock together after quarantine and have one happy family! (hopefully lol)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by