1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandotte? EE? Chick breed guess.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chick-A-Holic, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Chick-A-Holic

Chick-A-Holic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2015
    I lost some chickens to a opossum(okay, like half my flock. It was a terrible day!) So to help me feel better my wonderful husband took me to the local livestock auction and I came home with 15 chicks in a box marked "Ameraucana straight run - 15" I figured they most likely were not Ameraucanas but EEs, which was fine because EEs are what I wanted.

Upon closer inspection at home I'm pretty puzzled on what they are. They look most like Wyandottes to me, which is unfortunate because I'm not really a fan of them. Maybe mixed breed? There are a few color variations but they are all basically the same. I'll attach a few photos of some of the chicks (sorry about the poo on the roost!)

Any guesses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chick-A-Holic

Apr 22, 2015
    No one?

3. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    First 3 pictures look like Wyandottes. Others look like Easter Eggers

4. Chick-A-Holic

Apr 22, 2015
    Okay thank you! It's always exciting to watch them mature. A few are getting feathers in on their wings - black and gold. My husband calls them the Pittsburgh Steeler chickens. Haha I'll try to keep this updated as they get their feathers. Fingers crossed for a few muffed EEs out of the bunch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by