Wyandotte folks: what gender BLRW do I have?

amysflock

Crowing
15 Years
May 8, 2008
Tenino, WA
Hi all,

I bought three BLRW well-started straight run chicks on 8/18 from a local breeder and can't tell the gender on any of them. Can you help?

I thought the two larger, darker ones might be cockerels, but then I looked at other wyandotte photos on this forum and it appears the hens have rather pointed hackle feathers, so maybe I can't ID them that way?? The two darker ones are larger and taller than the gray one, and one darker one has bigger wattles than the other. Other than that...
hu.gif

Here are a few photos I took today. These little guys are hard to get to pose!

Thanks!

Picture018-3.jpg
#1 - gray baby (#3 in background)

Picture010-2.jpg
#2, darker one w/small wattles (#3 in background)

Picture007-1.jpg
#3, darker one w/larger wattles (#2 in background)

From what I can see they look like pullets. But really could use better photes. Could you get somme of the tail ends? Then you can see if they have roo saddle feathers.

Yes, I did get them from Nancy! They are beautiful, smart little ones...way more independent and curious than the rest of my little flock. (They started scratching right away, and I think taught everyone else how!)

I hope they're all pullets so I can keep all three. I already have a 15-week old EEx roo that I plan to keep (plus 7 other Black Australorp x roos I'm trying to rehome).

Do any of these additional photos help?

Picture027-1.jpg
#1 again

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom