Wyandotte gender help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Now this picture is not the best, I will try to get more but hopefully you can tell by any feathers on back (saddle?) or tail. I will get a comb picture to add tomorrow when I pick these chicks up. They are 10 weeks old.

Blue Laced Wyandotte
    [​IMG]

Here is the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte I am getting as well (splash) If anything screams roo please let me know [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    They both look like pullets to me [​IMG]
    Don't hold me to it though...[​IMG]

3. CaliBlueChicken

CaliBlueChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Quote:I am thinking the same thing, but agian I am new! Pullets!

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Won't hold anybody to anything lol, that is not the best picture to judge from. I will snap some comb pictures tomorrow, but I was thinking the same think. Pullet tails, pullet round feathers. I am fairly sure the splash is a girl, but haven't seen the blue's comb yet. Either way any guess is good! It's fun to throw out some idea's [​IMG] Thanks to both for responding, and I will update tomorrow with better pictures of all FOUR of them.

5. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    From the photos I would guess pullets. I have a BLRW and looks similar (although blue lacing) and is definitely a pullet. [​IMG]

6. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Looking good folks! I will be getting 4 and keeping 1 of each color, rehoming 2 of them. I am getting more then I want in case of a rooster, and so I can see who fits best with my house, self, and flock. The lighter girl is a splash correct? I am just NOW learning about Wyandottes. These girls are hatchery stock I believe,

7. Wheat

Wheat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    Moscow, OH
    Those have to be pullets compared to the two I have. I picked up two day olds. They are about the same age now and they have massive rose combs and wattles comared to yours. (silver laced).

Mine have much wider combs, and the comb seems to be growing very quickly past the area it last comes out of their skin toward the back of their head. Definitely two roos I have.

Dang. You answered my question with yours. Dunno what I'm gonna do with mine now.

Best of luck.

8. mama2chickies

mama2chickies Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Me to I am saying Pullets I have 2 sliver laced and they look just like yours except for the coloring. Mine were sold sexed as hens. [​IMG] Hope it is what you were wanting!

9. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    When I began to suspect my SLW of being rooish, what tipped me off was his red comb and ever growing wattles.

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Girls are definately what I want! The splash is pretty sure a pullet, I will have to see the Blue girls when I pick them up. I will snap some pictures of the combs and faces. I am SO excited!!!! If I didn't live in the city I would love to have a rooster.. [​IMG] I should be picking them up in about... ::counts:: 10 hours or so! Hahaha how sad. But still I am very happy and excited to see what they are like. First time Wyandotte mommy here hehe. Thanks all for the input! I will update with better pictures tonight. ::bounces:: YAY!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by