Wyandotte lovers...do you have one of these?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cetawin, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Extremely spoiled SLW stalker chicken?

This is my Speckles who is now 26 weeks old. She has stalked me everywhere I went since she was about 2 weeks old. She has been spoiled from 2 days old. LOL

She watched me doing the painting on the interior of the Keep of Eggtopia and then decided it was time to sit in my lap and watch the sunset.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wyandottes Rock (at least this one does).

2. CottageChicken22

CottageChicken22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG] She's cute and BEAUTIFUL

3. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    no wyandottes (just now working on finishing my coop) but she is beautiful! I do hope that I have lots of 'stalkers' when my coop is done...LOL

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Thanks...I think she is beautiful too but I am very partial for sure. You should see her riding in the van with me to go to the coffee shop...the girls have little doggie biscuits for her. LOL

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Here is my 5-1/2 month old SLW boy, Lacey (he was supposed to be a she, the name stuck) So far he is very sweet. Love him!
    [​IMG]
    I think his comb is cool
    [​IMG]
    Here he is with his favorite lady friend, Betty
    [​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

This is Potpie the BLRW at approx. 3 months old... she squeezed herself in there! She used to visit for cuddles, but now she only visits for grapes!

[​IMG]

7. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    What stunning chicken & rooster pics!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    Some of our latest batch of chicks, now 8 weeks old, are Wyandottes: 1 silver laced and 2 golden laced. They're already so pretty, but I haven't yet gotten to the point of knowing how to post pics.

The super tamest of all our chicks is Salsa, a GLW, who always hops up on my lap when she gets the chance. The biggest "problem" is not stepping on them as they cluster around when I'm doing chick chores. [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    oooohhhh beautiful birds.

I agree about the comb I just love them. I have a GLW that is almost 7 weeks old but I promised Speckles I would not get any other girls like her so I got one GLW. hehehehehe

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I love my wyandottes. I've got BLRWs, SLW, and blues and one splash.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I would just love to have a couple BLRWs. Someday perhaps.... but I wonder if they could handle the heat here?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by