1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandotte or Easter Egger, Roos or not....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vlmiller, Oct 9, 2012.

1. vlmiller

vlmiller New Egg

Oct 9, 2012
    Hey all,

I got a straight run a few months ago and have had a lot of fun watching the chicks (my first) develop. They came from a group of Wyandotte, Easter Eggers and Marans and I am pretty sure these are not Marans. :)

So the big question is....which breed? And I am pretty sure all of these are roos (out of a group of 8 total, the others are easily identified). Please tell me what you think. We have a maran rooster that we are keeping and if these 4 are boys also, it is sad but they need to go.

Thanks!

Veronica
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DanielleinLA

DanielleinLA Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    My guess is....top pic and bottom pic look like Easter eggers. The middle two might be Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. All four roosters.

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    All EE roos. Wyandottes wouldn't have beards/muffs and would have rose combs vs pea combs.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    x2

5. deana510

deana510 New Egg

Feb 5, 2012
    Roos americauna (eater eggers)
    the4th picture looks like a
    4) brown red male
    the others i dont know the type of that easter egger

hope this helps

6. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    All are Easter Egger cockerels. Btw I'm in love with the 3rd cockerel! That Lacing![​IMG]

7. PGRanch

PGRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    Northern California
    I LOVE This guy!!! What a beauty!

8. vlmiller

vlmiller New Egg

Oct 9, 2012
    Thanks PG Ranch! I really like him and the other one similar colored. We are in the middle of nowhere and none of them crow or are aggressive, we may just have to keep a couple of roos for their looks. The Maran is the obnoxious crower...... :)

Thank you all really for your help. Now to decide what to do with these guys. There is a poultry swap coming up, but I get the feeling I am not the only one with extra roos to deal with. I hate the thought of eating any of them, but it is an option. Ugh! I should have gotten grown up hens, but then I would have missed out on them growing up.

V

9. Roo Easter eggers

10. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    All look like EEs to me. =)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by