Wyandotte & Pullet chicks pullets or roos?

SeattleLeah

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 17, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have 4 chicks that are 19 days old. 2 GLW, 1 BLRW and 1 light susex. I hatched them myself and quickly found out that vent sexing is A LOT harder than they make it look in video. So I decided to pick my fav 4 chicks from the hatch and watch them grow. They all feathered out exactly the same times, sprouting little tails after just a few days. Today they are enjoying a warm day out on the lawn and are loving dust bathing in the sun. I thought I'd take a few photos while I had them outside. Any guesses as to sex would be greatly appreciated.

Chick 3 "Lilac", Gold laced Wyandotte. 19 days. This one looks a bit like a boy to me, Im noticing some pink wattles the other chicks dont have???

Ok, these chicks are just too too cute! makes me want more and more (my hubby would kill me..lol) i had 3 gold laced wyandottes (lost one last month) and they have been great. they have layed consistently until going into molt.

i think 1,2,and 4 are girlies, is still to young to tell though..repost in a week or so.
However i am unsure about number 3...those wattles do look quite big..but they are colourless so i am unsure..

Good luck!!
thumbsup.gif

As far as the Wyandottes go, it's a little eary to tell-but if you have any waddles now-they are likely boys(numbers 3 and 4 would be on my boy list).

Back
Top Bottom