Wyandotte right for me?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Deviant, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Deviant

Deviant Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Fluvanna
    I looked everywhere and I could not find a place to post this sorry if it is in the wrong place. BUT anyway I want a chicken that has a large to x-large egg and are good for cold and heat. I would like color eggs but I don't think they do anything besides brown lol. I just like the feathers on the Wyandotte :) I am in Va if that matters at all.

2. Deviant

Mar 9, 2012
    Fluvanna
    I am also looking at Sex Link. I am making a coop that is a 3x5 kind of bad that I build a coop before I get the Chickens lol. Like they always say "If you build a coop they will come" lol [​IMG] man I need sleep

3. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    [​IMG] Well sounds like a wyandotte is a great bird for you... i would also recommend Rhode island reds, though they are not as pretty, they do have a better egg production and are rather cold hardy...

4. Deviant

Mar 9, 2012
    Fluvanna
    well I am just starting and I got some chicks from TSC, don't shoot me lol and I don't know what they are the man told man that they was tetris chicken I have NEVER heard of them but I am Googling everything now lol Tetris I guess they play the game? haha

5. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    Are you talking about Tetra Tints? That is a trade name for sexlinks.

6. Deviant

Mar 9, 2012
    Fluvanna
    yes ma'am I have found out that is what they are you should see them cute little girls lol

7. atikin

atikin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    New Zealand
    Well Im hoping on getting some blue laced red wyandotte fertilised eggs with my next clucky hen YAY [​IMG]

any ways here are some more options on laced hens

[​IMG] Laced orpington - We cant them here in New Zealand but You may beable to get them where you are

[​IMG] the seabright but has poor egg production

[​IMG] And the laced polish not sure on eggs though sorry
    [​IMG]The barnevelder

there are most likley way more but either way they are all AWESOME

8. Deviant

Mar 9, 2012
    Fluvanna
    o yea they are cool looking I have to get me some =)

9. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    With a 3x5 I guess you're looking at 3 hens total? Honestly, my wyandottes lay a medium egg. I've had production reds from Tractor Supply. Very friendly and laid a huge egg for their size.

10. Deviant

Mar 9, 2012
    Fluvanna
    I have 2 Wyandottes and 6 Tetra Tints now and 1 Wyandott Roo. I have 4 nesting boxes. And this week I will start on the run and that will be a 12x12

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by