1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandotte Sexing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kathyandcrew, May 15, 2011.

1. kathyandcrew

kathyandcrew New Egg

Oct 16, 2010
    I am going to look at some Blue Laced Red Wyandottes today. They are 2-weeks old and I want to get two pullets. How do I tell the difference and what should I look for?? I can NOT have another roo in my flock so this is important to me!
    Thanks for any suggestions!!

2. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    I wish there was an easy way to tell. I have 4 week olds, and I can't tell by comb because they are almost non-existing.. but I will say that My guess on the 6 I have is that the pullets are feathering in faster than the cockerals...

I hope to confirm this in another week or two.

best of luck.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

2 weeks is going to too young to tell much on them by the combs.....the pullets do feather in faster than the cockerals most of the time, but 2 weeks is probably going to be too young to tell much that way either.

4. Leah21

Leah21 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    My Coop
    Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up two 2-week old blue laced red chicks today. We are not aloud to have roosters in city limits, so I really need them to be pullets. We chose based on the longest/most feathers, and I was just wondering how your turned out. Did this method of sexing work? Thanks for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by