Wyandotte wanted in SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fluffhead, Jan 12, 2008.

1. fluffhead

fluffhead Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    Just got back from the Stockton Poultry Show... And ended up falling in love with the silver-laced Wyandottes. Any ideas where I can get just a single pullet in Northern Cali? No one was selling them at the show, at least not when I arrived at noon. Thanks so much.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    We have a GORGEOUS GLW that we actually JUST decided to find a new home for!!! Her name is Nona and she is about 20 weeks old and has not started laying yet. If you are interested I can get you some pics. PM me if you are interested! [​IMG]

3. fluffhead

Dec 5, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    Wow, that's quite a coincidence! I have to be honest and say I would prefer a silver laced girl. I feel terrible being choosy about the appearance of pets because it ultimately matters so little, but... I just had to rehome my black and white plymouth rock rooster to a more rural living situation, and I have missed seeing a black and white bird in my yard. Silly, I know. GLW are very pretty, though, and we'll ponder it. Thanks so much for writing!

4. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Well, let us know! (I'm chickntheif's mom). And if it is black and white you are wanting, we also have a barred rock [​IMG]

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Well, we live super close to you and could maybe part with one of our babies (I just went out and took this 1 minute ago):

[​IMG]

Okay, not so much babies any more, but they are our youngest girls. They were hand raised until they were about 2 months and then we let them out with the rest of the flock. I think they are about 6-7 months old.

If you're interested let me talk to the boss (wife) and I'll let you know.

6. cickenangel613

cickenangel613 New Egg

Jan 13, 2008
    i have a silver laced that is about ready to lay eggs i can send one to you if you'd like:)

7. fluffhead

Dec 5, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    What a friendly forum of folks! Thank you all so much for your generous offers. It sounds like Rob's offer is perfect (we'll see what his wife says [​IMG]). I am really grateful for the egg offer, but am I little bit nervous because we ended up with a rooster last time we did that and it was a huge ordeal trying to rehouse him. Thanks again so much to everyone for being so kind.

8. Eryn

Eryn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I got two SLW pullets from a feed store here in sacramento, I know that is a bit of a drive from Berkeley but I was able to get the girls sexed but you might wanna try feed stores closer to you, most won't have chicks for a month or so though so you would have to wait... [​IMG]

edited for kitten on keyboard typo LOL

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

fluffhead, I'm afraid my wife is pretty attached to these two girls, so I'm afraid I may not be able to part one from her... at least not until I can divert her attention to new chicks.

Sorry, about that. I'll keep working on her and will let you know if she has a change of heart.

10. fluffhead

Dec 5, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    I totally understand, NiftyChicken - I wouldn't let go if I were her. I'm going to follow up with the Sacto area person and see where that goes. Thanks for trying! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by