1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandotte Worries in Australia

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickywoowoo, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Chickywoowoo

Chickywoowoo New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    I bought three young female Wyandottes who are fighting 50% of the time, challenging each other and chasing each other around the place - the speed they have is amazing. I'm hoping they aren't roosters... can anyone guess? Not sure how old they are. They sure are cranky. The man I bought them from said they were layers, but I'm beginning to think otherwise! :) There is a grey, a brown/white and a white/grey. Thanks to anyone who can help. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    None of the birds pictured are Wyandottes, and all of them appear to be roosters.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    x2, they all look like mixed breed cockerels :/

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x3, mixed breed cockerels

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry you got duped. How long have you had them? I'd advise to box them up and take them back to the seller and get your money back.

You may want to post pics of birds you're considering buying before you purchase, to confirm breed and especially gender.

6. Chickywoowoo

Chickywoowoo New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    Thanks everyone, I've contacted the man and he's letting me return for a full refund today. What a great website and what a lesson learnt. Next time, I'll to to a proper seller and make sure I'll come home with lay-dees! Have a great weekend :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by