Wyandottes and egg laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by graphicgranny, Sep 1, 2011.

1. graphicgranny

graphicgranny Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    Ashford, Washington
    I only have 5 hens, all wyandottes. Two are silver and 3 are the golds. I purchased the at the same place and same day so I figured they weree all close to the same age. My 2 silvers are laying eggs fo 2 weeks now but the golds haven't proformed as yet. Could there be a problem? They all appear so healthy and happy that I haven't worried about any problems. Or am I just anxious?
    Thanks,
    graphicgranny

2. monkeemakr

monkeemakr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Swansea, SC
    I wouldn't worry. I have some girls that are actually a couple weeks older than the ones who are laying, and they seem to be stuck on nothing while others are performing their daily (or every other daily) duties. Just relax and tell the girls to do the same. It'll come, I'm sure. Love to see pics of your girls, bet they are pretty together.

3. graphicgranny

graphicgranny Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    Ashford, Washington
    Quote:Thanks for the reply. I don't know how to put pictures on this forum but I will go to the one you can post pictures on as they are quite pretty! Look for my "girls" and a bunny or two.
    graphicgranny

4. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    how old are they?? i have 2 slw and they are around 17 weeks old now ... still not laying

5. florida lee

florida lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Morriston,fl
    My SLW are 21 wks and not laying......

6. rileygirl

rileygirl New Egg

Mar 31, 2011
    I have 2 SLW and one started laying a few weeks before the other. I'm sure the others will catch up soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by