Wyandottes and egg laying?

graphicgranny

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ashford, Washington
I only have 5 hens, all wyandottes. Two are silver and 3 are the golds. I purchased the at the same place and same day so I figured they weree all close to the same age. My 2 silvers are laying eggs fo 2 weeks now but the golds haven't proformed as yet. Could there be a problem? They all appear so healthy and happy that I haven't worried about any problems. Or am I just anxious?
Thanks,
graphicgranny

I wouldn't worry. I have some girls that are actually a couple weeks older than the ones who are laying, and they seem to be stuck on nothing while others are performing their daily (or every other daily) duties. Just relax and tell the girls to do the same. It'll come, I'm sure. Love to see pics of your girls, bet they are pretty together.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I don't know how to put pictures on this forum but I will go to the one you can post pictures on as they are quite pretty! Look for my "girls" and a bunny or two.
graphicgranny

I have 2 SLW and one started laying a few weeks before the other. I'm sure the others will catch up soon!

Back
Top Bottom