Wyandottes - boys or girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hencrazy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. hencrazy

hencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Here are some pictures of my 6 week old wyandottes. The SL are supposed to be pullets.

SLW #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SLW #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SLW #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SLW #4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BLRW
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Wow! Those are so cute!
    I'm probably going to get silver laced wyandottes. Do you like them so far? Do they make a lot of noise?

3. hencrazy

Mar 5, 2009
    Here is another pic of SLW #3
    [​IMG]

4. hencrazy

Mar 5, 2009
    The SL are very sweet but the BLR bantam is scared of its own shadow. They are a lot more friendly than the EEs but not quite as friendly as the gold sex links. I'm really hoping all the SL are hens.

Forgot to add that they don't seem noisy as of yet but they are still at the chirping stage. We'll have to see as they get older.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I absolutely love my SLW. She is not noisy at all and is a hoot. She rides in my van with me and just a fun girl.

6. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    I've just ordered my Silver Laced Wyandottes. And a couple easter eggers to make things fun. [​IMG]

7. hencrazy

Mar 5, 2009
    MaggieRae, where did you order yours from. Mine are from Ideal.

8. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    They all look like pullets to me. Can't quite tell about that BLRW tho. Mine were all supposed to be 5 weeks when I got them which would make them 6 weeks now. Three are a lot bigger than these tho. Hmmm...

They're super sweet too. Today I had buzzards roosting in my trees and they ALL flew right into my lap. I was on a chair. So cute!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd lean more towards roos with the amount of red I'm seeing in their combs already. My wyandotte pullets are very slow to get any red in their combs until much older.

10. hencrazy

Mar 5, 2009
    If they're all roos I will be very upset with Ideal. I'm pretty sure the blr is a roo but that was a st run chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by