Wyandottes? EEs? 2 week olds unknown breeds.

Tannubyky

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 3, 2010
I bought a straight run mix from Ideal-poultry... already posted once but only got a couple of breeds ID'd I didn't post those guys here (and I didn't have comb descriptions) I'm hoping now that they are older and I took more pictures and uploaded them here that I might be able to get more of these guys Identified!

I think this one might be a silver laced wyandotte can anyone confirm or tell me different? The comb is flat as if the beak extends all the way into the feathers (Rose comb?)
2weeks old
50159_screen_shot_2010-11-17_at_33951_pm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still no idea what this one is, but I'm very curious. Started out as a very YELLOW chick. The feathers have almost a brown pencil outline. Could this be a Wyandotte as well? The comb is also flat on this chick.

2weeks old
50159_screen_shot_2010-11-17_at_34416_pm.png

at 1 week:
50159_screen_shot_2010-11-17_at_34630_pm.png

These two also have the flat/rose? comb... Are they EE's?
2weeks old
50159_screen_shot_2010-11-17_at_34843_pm.png

I have quite a few of these, are they also EE's? They have single, saw-tooth type combs. (Sorry about the text in the picture, I didn't notice it when I uploaded it!)
2 weeks old
50159_screen_shot_2010-11-17_at_35103_pm.png

Last: Is this the same breed as the one above? I only have this one "chipmunk / smudged" chick but except for the brown stripe it looks nearly identical. It also has the single saw comb.
2weeks old
50159_screen_shot_2010-11-17_at_35457_pm.png

I have more pictures of the chicks (both from today and when they were younger) as well as a couple other breeds (buff orpingtons & what I think are black australorps) on my website's blog if you'd like/need more pics of them. You can visit it at http://www.tannubyky.freehostingcloud.com/Muley_and_Bunnys_Farm/Blog/Blog.html

Preemptive THANK YOU!!!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree.
#1 looks like it certainly could be a silver laced wyandotte chick...at least it looks a lot like the one I have (except that mine has an incorrect single comb).
#2 looks almost exactly like one of my EE chicks who has feathered out to be a buff color with white on the tail and wing feathers. The next two also look pretty much exactly like my other EE chicks.
I don't have any RIR, so I couldn't say for sure but I would guess that's most likely what those are. An EE is unlikely to have a single (saw tooth) comb, although it's not impossible.
Not sure about #5. It certainly does look a lot like chick #4, but I see some white coming in on the wings that chick #4 doesn't have so I'm a little hesitant to say it's the same breed.

Well we stopped by the feed store today and I checked out their chicks... they had a bunch of RIR's about the same age as ours, and it looked like they had stolen our chicks! I have had RIR's before but for some reason it never clicked that they looked like our chicks had LOL (They change so much!) So thank you both on that! The only reason I'm so unsure about the stripped one is it's the ONLY one that was striped all the rest look like twins/triplets errrr... ten-opulets? Once they get the rest of their feathers in I'll post again if I haven't figured it out. I'm so glad we have them (almost) all identified. I will keep my fingers crossed on that SLW
fl.gif
My two favorite breeds (based on looks alone) are SLW and black naked necks. So It would be super super SUPER awesome if we ended up with one!!!!
fl.gif
:fl:fl:fl:fl

Thanks for all your help!!!! I'm so excited!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom