Wyandottes from Cackle Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Leah, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Leah

Leah New Egg

Apr 14, 2008
    Central Missouri
    I have been reading on this forum for several days now and have been enjoying soaking up all of the information! As for my question . . .

After going several years without chickens, I am finally going to be getting some this year. I've been looking seriously at the GL and SL Wyandottes as they sound like a good all-around breed and they are gorgeous besides.

As I live in central Missouri, I was thinking that Cackle Hatchery would be a good place to get them from as I could pick the chicks up directly, as opposed to having them shipped. Do any of you have experience with Cackle Hatchery, especially regarding their Wyandottes? Would you recommend them?

Thanks so much,
    Leah

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I don't have experience with their wyandottes but I've ordered poultry from them in the past. Most recently we bought the hatchery surprise they sent 46 chickens 2 ducks and 2 turkeys. They were happy healthy chirping little fuzzies.

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I have bought GL Wyandottes from Cackle before. They were as said, all pullets. Was happy with the order. It was a few years ago when I got them.

4. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    If I could drive to a hatchery, that was close by that will be your best bet and I here lots of good things about Cackle. I do know their prices are great![​IMG]

5. jausenclaus

jausenclaus Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2007
    Waxahachie, Texas
    We bought 15 Ameracaunas from them last summer and they're beautiful. We have a GL rooster from Ideal who is so well mannered and beautiful. His spurs are huge and probably sharper than any of our other roosters but he's never used them. The two girls we have are very pretty. The roosters name started as Wylie, but I call him Rockstar. His feathers around his neck look like those of a rockstar with long hair. We just love him. But, he doesn't want to be handled, in fact none of our Wyandottes really want to be handled.

We're also waiting on some Toulouse and Embden females to be shipped. We currently have 3 male Toulouse to 1 female and the favored male gets beat up alot by the other two. Their phone lines have been busy alot, I finally got through to them to find out when we'll be getting the geese and it looks like it will be at least a week or two. I don't think I'll buy online again, calling seems so much better.

Susan

6. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Cackle is my choice for a hatchery.
    We order 300 - 500 laying hens from them every year. All of the chicks we have gotten have been very healthy. Never lost any in shipping, and we have been buying from them for 4 years.

Jean

7. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Cackle is the best hatchery I've ever used. We had SL Wyandottes for a neighbor in my last order. I think there was 25 ordered five weeks ago and he has 26 still alive and growing today.

8. DUccleDude

DUccleDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    I ordered 25 Millie Fleur d'Uccles from them back in February. We live in New York and they were shipped, they sent 28, we now have 22, they are 7 weeks old and doing great! They even refunded for the ones we lost. Beautiful birds! I would recommend Cackle Hatchery to anyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by