1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandotte's Motherly instinct

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 3bantys, Jan 7, 2014.

1. 3bantys

3bantys Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2014
    After one day & night my 14 week old wyandotte poppy ( I've had since she was 3 weeks ) and my white silkie angel also 14 weeks ( I've had both these girls since they were 3 weeks old ) excepted Millie 8 week old araucana into their cute flock .... Not only did they except her but poppy has basically taken the place of being Millie's mother .... Before we got Millie angel would sit under Poppy's legs and her butt (because of warmth) poppy is 1/2 a week younger then angel yet she disided to act like a mother to angel as poppy will protect angel from our roo that we had to give away :( and they will never leave eachothers sides ! But surprisingly poppy ha taken the place of Millie's mother as well even tho they didn't get along at the very start they all seem like one group now :) and surprisingly Millie is friendly with me now and feels comfortable coming right up 2 me :) compared 2 3 days ago when we first got Millie (she would even look at u let alone go near you) I'm so happy and proud of my gorgeous girls !!! :D :D

2. Bossom-hen

Bossom-hen Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2013
    England, UK
    Aww,how lovely :)

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

What a sweet story. So glad your girls are getting along well. Enjoy! By the way, welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us!

4. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    What a nice story! Would love to see pictures! [​IMG]

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Very nice story! Chickens can be very affectionate to you and the other birds. It is nice to see them all getting along too. We love pics. :)

Oh, and welcome to BYC!

6. 3bantys

3bantys Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2014
    Ill put pictures up tomorrow ! Such a funny site :) :lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by