1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wyandottes?! need answer quick

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by manybirds, Sep 9, 2011.

1. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    can you cross golden laced wyandottes with silver laced wyandottes and get a good color? we're going to a swap tomorrow and deciding wether to sell the SLW roo.

2. newgoosegirl

newgoosegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    I believe you can make sex-links with gold and silver laced birds, I read you can with sebrights so I assume you could with wyandottes. I don't remember whether the roo had to be gold or silver though.
    You should try and find the good sex-link thread, it has all the information on pairing.

Now I don't know whether they would be pretty, but I love lacing so they probably would!

3. manybirds

Jul 4, 2011
    Quote:thanks! anyone else?

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:If you cross a Gold Lace Wyandotte Rooster over a Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen, there offspring would be sex-linked males would be silver and females would be gold but as they mature the Roosters will be more a Yellow color.

Chris

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  5. manybirds

Jul 4, 2011
    Quote:If you cross a Gold Lace Wyandotte Rooster over a Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen, there offspring would be sex-linked males would be silver and females would be gold but as they mature the Roosters will be more a Yellow color.

Chris

what about the other way around?

6. tennesseeckn

tennesseeckn Real or not real?

Jul 11, 2010
    Knoxville Area
    According to the old chicken calculator, with a SLW roo over GLW hens you will get

50% Pullets, black patterned silver laced
    50% Cockerels, black patterned yellow/golden laced

You can play around with it here . It's a neat little site if you take the time to play around with it.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The other way around - You get Silver Laced females and "yellow" males.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by