Wyandottes or Fayoumi??

Tabitha345

Chirping
Aug 10, 2016
Chicago,IL
silver Wyandottes or Egyptian fayoumi ????

I have two I was told they are wyandottes but in pictures online they look more like Fayoumi, just want to check what breed people think they are. They are 7 weeks old.

:D

They are Egyptian fayoumis.  I have both breeds.  They are very pretty.  

Thank you, could you please give me some info on them, i live in Chicago so I was looking for birds to do well in our cold winters. And I'm concerned they won't make it. And the lady I got them from said they were wyandoottes. These are very pretty but how are they at egg laying? Also can these fly? Because I heard some smaller chickens can get some good height.

fayoumi- very pretty, I would put a cover on your run to keep her in. Chicago does have some rough winters. I lived there for my first 22 years, and survived the snow storm of '67 You could ask for climate advice on the breed thread.

I just got the fayoumis, sorry. I don't really have any info on them....I got mine from a local breeder who has as trio, and theirs do fine, and it gets really cold here. Mine should start laying soon though. And mine are very good at hiding. I got them a little over a week and a half ago. When I first put them in the coop, they all went outside and hid. I found 3 of the 4, but I thought the other was a goner. She showed up 3 days later without a scratch.

They can be very flighty birds. Need to have wings clipped or covered pen. Very fast maturing birds, females should start laying around 4 months and males start crowing as early as 6 weeks. As long as they have a good, solid coop to keep the cold wind off them the should be fine. A deep litter covered floor to keep the ground cold away as well.

Back
Top Bottom