1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandottes or Fayoumi??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tabitha345, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Tabitha345

Tabitha345 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2016
    Chicago,IL
    silver Wyandottes or Egyptian fayoumi ????

I have two I was told they are wyandottes but in pictures online they look more like Fayoumi, just want to check what breed people think they are. They are 7 weeks old.

:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    They are Egyptian fayoumis. I have both breeds. They are very pretty.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Fayoumi

1 person likes this.
  4. Tabitha345

Aug 10, 2016
    Chicago,IL
    Thank you, could you please give me some info on them, i live in Chicago so I was looking for birds to do well in our cold winters. And I'm concerned they won't make it. And the lady I got them from said they were wyandoottes. These are very pretty but how are they at egg laying? Also can these fly? Because I heard some smaller chickens can get some good height.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    fayoumi- very pretty, I would put a cover on your run to keep her in. Chicago does have some rough winters. I lived there for my first 22 years, and survived the snow storm of '67 You could ask for climate advice on the breed thread.

1 person likes this.
  6. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I just got the fayoumis, sorry. I don't really have any info on them....I got mine from a local breeder who has as trio, and theirs do fine, and it gets really cold here. Mine should start laying soon though. And mine are very good at hiding. I got them a little over a week and a half ago. When I first put them in the coop, they all went outside and hid. I found 3 of the 4, but I thought the other was a goner. She showed up 3 days later without a scratch.

7. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, those are stunning Fayoumis! [​IMG] Mine are such interesting, fascinating birds.

~Alex

8. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    They can be very flighty birds. Need to have wings clipped or covered pen. Very fast maturing birds, females should start laying around 4 months and males start crowing as early as 6 weeks. As long as they have a good, solid coop to keep the cold wind off them the should be fine. A deep litter covered floor to keep the ground cold away as well.

9. Tabitha345

Aug 10, 2016
    Chicago,IL
    Thank you all of you for the info [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by