1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Wyandottes (sexing help needed and MANY pictures needed asap please!)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I will be getting 4 Wyandotte pullets (hopefully) this Tuesday. I am getting two Blue Laced Reds and two Blues. They are around 2 and 1/2 months old. Can ANY Wyandotte people post pictures of Pullets and Cockerels around 2-3 months old? If you happen to have BLRW or Blue Wyandottes please post those. I am desperately hoping I won't be given a bunch of boys lol, and would like to know what to look for. I have never seen Wyandottes around that age.

Looking for: Wyandotte Pictures (ANY color but I am getting above named colors) of COCKEREL and/OR PULLETS around 2-3 months old! Please do respond here ASAP with pictures! Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Crowing

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    18 week old females- Silver Laced...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you for the pictures! Would a 2 1/2 month old wyandotte pullet have red comb/wattles as well as the cockerels? Are there any tell tale signs? Thanks a ton for any help offered! I am so excited to experience a different breed [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    My girls didn't develop the red comb and wattles (they were there, just small) until fairly recently. They seemed to develop later than the males. IMO If yours have very red wattles and combs by 10 weeks more likely a male. I'm not an expert though. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
  5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Kk no problem. I don't have them yet [​IMG] getting my BLRW girls on Tuesday, hopefully girls.. I am getting 4 though in case one or more is a rooster, but I sure wish I knew what to look for lol!

As soon as I get them I will post pictures [​IMG] Their age is a total guess though, which kinda is harder, but ah well. The lady said she thinks they are around 2 1/2 months old. We'll see heh [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  6. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Try looking in the Online Wyandotte Show threads... there are some good pics in there. [​IMG] I can't wait to see pics of your new ones! [​IMG]

7. Tiss

Tiss Songster

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    3 month old SLW cockerel.

[​IMG]

8. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Songster

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    Here is my BLRW at 7 weeks (she has a cross beak):

[​IMG]

A bad shot but hubby has the camera and I can't take another:

[​IMG]

9. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Those pictures are VERY helpful! Keep them coming if you have them! I am going to try and take a gander when I meet up with the lady as to who is what. She has about 10 she is rehoming, I am getting 4. Thanks a ton and anybody else who has pictures of various Wyandottes (label which is pullet which is cockerel if you can) thanks a ton! [​IMG]

10. wannabe_goatmom

wannabe_goatmom Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Wellington KY
    Here is my 10 wk old SLW Sylvia
    I'm still hoping she's a girl lol
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: