Wyandottes, what do you like/dislike?

TubbyChicken

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Kentucky
I love the look of Wyandottes and recently found some blue laced reds within diving distance. I'm seriously considering adding a few but they are priced fairly high. I'd love to hear from experience...what are the good/bad points of the breed?

I really like my BLRWs. They are some of my most friendly chickens. I've got one that has been broody pretty much all summer, but that's the only negative thing I can think of.

I don't have any of my own, but Golden-laced are so gorgeous... and BLR and SL and Partridge... oh, i luv 'em all!
ya.gif

I have some BLR & SL ones and I love them. They have always been friendly and good egg layers. Some people feel they are bossy, and mine can be at times to newbie chickens and my Avatar Chicklet will fly up and peck the Emu's nose if they get in her face, but other than that they have been wonderful, beautiful birds.
big_smile.png

Hi
I thought my BLRW were mean,Im starting to think that maybe they are not mean just not used to the new chickens,I put in 4 buff brahma hens that are 2 monthes older than my BLRWs and they always peck them and chase them but they dont mess with the sultans they were raised up with.And everyone else seems to like them and think there nice.Hopefully they will get over this.

Hi
I LLLLoooovvvvveeeeeeee Wyandottes
I don't have any yet but I love every thing about them.
And I love the colors

I have 2 silver laced wyandottes and the girls are pretty quiet and friendly.They lay everyday and good hardy birds in winter.Not good foragers at all though.We throw scraps to em and they just stare at it and watch my other hens eat it up.Thats all I got to say about em negative wise. There really pretty though and don't have to worry about there combs getting frostbite in winter
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom