Wyandottes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Katy, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Does anyone know of a good source for LF Black and Buff wyandottes? Either eggs or chicks.

ETA: I'd prefer a breeder and not a hatchery.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Have you tried sandhillpreservation.com? They keep pure bloodlines of these birds plus javas.
    Hope this helps. [​IMG]

Colby in KY

51 GLW, 10EEs, 4 cats, 3 dogs, 1DH

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks...I know there are some hatcheries that have them. I'd prefer to find a breeder that has them.

4. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but Sandhill Preservation isn't really a hatchery.

They hatch out all of their own breeds and they do so in very small amounts. Everything they have meets APA standards (except for the colors that don't exist yet, in which case the body type/comb/etc meets standards). If you order chicks from them you probably won't be able to get 25 of any one breed because of the small hatches they have.

I plan on getting Dorkings and Faverolles from them this year. I'm still hoping I'll have the money to get some of their Pilgrims to add to my flock.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I know they aren't a hatchery like Ideal or Welp, but I've heard varying reports on the quality of some of their birds. I'd prefer to stick with a breeder.

6. turbo

turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2007
    Eastview, Ky
    We have both.....[​IMG] We are crazy, I know.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:You and I need to talk!! [​IMG]

8. whiterooster

whiterooster Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2009
    westmichigan
    HI Katy,i have wyandottes,but they are silver lace and are show quality.If interested you can email me at [email protected],thanks,Randy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by