1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ultasol, Dec 12, 2009.

1. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Anyone keeping exhibition quality large fowl wyandottes? I have seen them at a couple poultry shows and just love their massive size and alert expression.

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Well I have a couple BLRW that I got from Katy on this site. I was just thinking today how HUGE they are getting.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Katy's SL Wyandottes are also AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks for the complements guys. [​IMG] Since I haven't ever shown and don't plan to, I wouldn't ever say mine are exhibition quality, but I've gotten my original eggs from good breeders, some of whom have shown and done well. I've got silver-laced, blue-laced red, and blue, black and splash. Turbo and Mrs. Turbo here on BYC have really great birds.

5. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I guess I will just have to take one to a show...

[​IMG]

Don't know if they would win....but they are wonderful! I will have to get some pics soon.

6. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Katy, the one in your sig sure looks like a classic wyandotte. Very nice looking bird!

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:It took me awhile to get my hands on some, but they were worth the wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by