1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by flyingmonkeypoop, May 4, 2007.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Just wondering, who all has wyandottes? What colors do you have?
    We have wyandotte bantams in black, white, dun, silver laced, blue laced red and soon buff. I also plan on getting dun laced and dun barred. One of my goals is to get dun and dun laced colors into standard size wyandottes.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

These are my little monsters, Hotwing and Nugget. They are both BLRWs. This was taken a couple weeks ago. They are now outside in a chicken tractor and hating every minute of it!! Spoiled little things...

[​IMG]

3. pansophia

pansophia Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    I just got two Wyandottes, a silver laced and a gold laced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Partridge wyandotte bantams.....eggs in incubator, hopefully they'll hatch, not enuf nerve to candle them since they are on day 12, should.......

5. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    I have 2 silver laced pullets, standard size. They're 8 weeks old, so they don't have their adult feathers yet.

6. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I have two standard silver laced hens that are about nine years old. Their names are Lotty and Dotty. I have twenty blue laced red chicks that should arrive in June. I can't wait. Wyandottes are a great breed. Please post pics of the dun barred and dun laced, they sound beautiful.

[​IMG]

7. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    Nine?! My goodness-- those are some mature ladies! [​IMG] Do they lay at all any more?

8. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    Yep, they still lay alright. Probably 2 or 3 eggs a week, maybe more in spring/summer. They might might be a little younger. I've had them for six years and they were two or three when I got them (previous owner couldn't remember how long she had them). But 8 is still pretty old. The easter egger in the pic (Judy) is old too but still lays very well. I got her as an adult too and have had her for 6 years. I get about 4 eggs a week from her. Many people don't believe me when I say my hens still lay at nine years old. They have lived stress free lives and are fed a good diet. The are never bothered by a rooster and have free access to my large, fenced back yard.

9. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Picco- do you feed a 'special' diet, or just a good brand feed? Organic? I'd love to know my ladies will still be around here keeping me company well after my kids are off to college. [​IMG]

10. chickenfeathers

chickenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Nice "girls". [​IMG]

Just wondering what color eggs Judy lays?

May they live a long, long time![​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by