Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LillianMae, Dec 3, 2014.

1. LillianMae

LillianMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Hey all! I was wondering, what colors do wyandottes come in? Come Spring I'm going to get four and want to get a golden laced, silver laced, and blue laced red wyandotte. I want a fourth one but I don't want any of the same colors. Do they come in colors other then those three? I heard they do.
    If you have any wyandottes of any colors I would love to see pictures!
    Thanks everybody!

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Accepted colors are black, buff, columbian, gold laced, silver laced, partridge, silver penciled and white. Blue/black/splash and blue/black/splash laced red are other colors that are out there. Many are not that common. Where do you plan to get your birds?

3. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    I'm not sure where yet, I'm planning on buying from Coastal and a few other places that sell chicks around here. Coastal almost always gets silver and golden laced but I'm not aware of what the other hatcheries normally sell.

4. keesmom

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Ideal has buff, columbian, gold laced, silver laced and partridge. Meyer has blue/black/splash laced red, columbian, gold laced and silver laced. McMurray has blue/black/splash laced red, columbian, silver laced, gold laced and white. You will have to find out which hatchery they are ordered from to decide.

5. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    I see on Meyer hatchery they only have a minimum of three chicks for shipping. Would it be safe to ship four chicks from Ohio to Oregon?

6. keesmom

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    They will have to go Express mail, which will cost more. You will want to order an extra one or 2 just in case you have any losses. Meyer is almost sold out of blue laced reds and columbians for next year.

7. LillianMae

Mar 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Ok, well for now then I'm looking for hatcheries in Oregon so that I could possibly drive down to get them. I'm not against shipping but it does make me uncomfortable, and most minimums are fifteen and I only want four anyway. Here's to hoping I can find a hatchery in Oregon with the right colors!

8. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Hmm, thats interesting because I'm planning to order some BLRW's from them in the spring. I hope they have them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by