Wyndotte Roo or Pullet?

Lucky Rooty

Hatching
May 17, 2015
I purchased 4 wyndotte pullets and 3 Buff Orpington Pullets 2 plymouth barr pullets and 1 buff oprington roo. But 1 wyndotte looks different? Really red on top

Last edited:
I was afraid of that! Will it fight with the buff oprington?

There is no way to answer that at this point - it is extremely likely that there will be fights, but no one can tell you with certainty whether they will be able to co-exist or not just yet. The other concern is that if these are the total of your birds you are going to be risking having hens that are severely overmated due to the number of pullets to cockerels listed above.
ETA - *I* would keep them all, grow them out and make decisions about which rooster to keep based on how these two mature.

Last edited:
Will the feed store take him back? He told me they on sell pullets because I asked him if they were all hens. If they do wanted to replace him with a another hen will the others beat her up

As long as there isn't too big an age difference, they should welcome a new hen right in after a few pecking order scuffles. If you get a young chick, you will have to wait a couple months until she's ready to go in with the 'big kids.' It would also go smoother if she had a couple buddies to keep her company.

As long as there isn't too big an age difference, they should welcome a new hen right in after a few pecking order scuffles. If you get a young chick, you will have to wait a couple months until she's ready to go in with the 'big kids.' It would also go smoother if she had a couple buddies to keep her company.

Back
Top Bottom