Wynette! The eggs are are here and a HUGE thank you!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mississippifarmboy, Jun 11, 2011.

1. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

The mail just ran and guess what I got? The Jersey Giant eggs I have been drooling over ever since I joined BYC came today! I just had to post and give her a very glowing recomendation! These were packed as well or better than ANY shipped eggs I've ever received. Here is the box right after opening it and removing the top layer of bubble wrap;

[​IMG]

And here they are in the incubating tray resting along with Spangled Russian Orloffs on the left and also Partridge Cochin eggs on the right;

[​IMG]

And in order, an Orloff, a Jersey Giant and a Cochin egg for comparison. The flash on the camera washed the color out a bit, but you can still see the size differance!

[​IMG]

14 eggs, all wrapped individually, and all arrived in perfect condition. Great job Wynette! Thank you so very much.

Also, I had been on Wynette's waiting list for a while anyway, but after the tornado hit here in the spring, she had sent me a message saying some generous member here had paid for them and gifted me. She's not going to tell me who, although I've got an idea...

But to the person who gifted me... [​IMG] Thank you so very much! I'll be posting pictures as soon as they hatch out!

So to both of you, Wynette and my gifter... THANK YOU! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW, thats a great, heartwarming story.

Also the eggs arrived in tip top shape [​IMG]

Happy Hatching [​IMG]

3. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    You deserve them for all you have done for everyone else [​IMG]

4. mississippifarmboy

Quote:Thanks, but I don't feel I do much. [​IMG] Just try and be a friend when I can.

5. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Those eggs couldn't have gone to a better home,..[​IMG] [​IMG] So happy they made it safely! [​IMG]

Can't wait to see the results!!!! [​IMG]

And you sure are right about Wynette's packing! Her packages are.... Bombproof!!!!!

6. mississippifarmboy

Quote:Thank you! (Maybe twice? [​IMG] [​IMG])

And yes, I was VERY impressed at the packing! You'd be surprised at how some people wrap eggs for shipping, we've recieved shipments when the box would arrive without a scratch and over half the eggs would be crushed because they were just piled in the box with a couple of newspapers wadded up in with them! These were wrapped the way I would wrap if I was going to ship! I think the post office guys could have played football with them and they would have made it safely.

And not only that, but Wynette is also a very nice person to deal with, always happy to answer questions and help in any way she can. Great communication. [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Okay, I'm going to dive into the shallow end........

Are you 100% SURE about what you have there? [​IMG]

And yes, Wynette is waaaaay cool! [​IMG]

8. mississippifarmboy

Quote:Ranchhand.... all I can say is... [​IMG]

These ARE Jersey giants... not those... *shudders* monsters I got before. [​IMG]

Still working on paybacks on THAT farce.. [​IMG]

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    You're going to whack an old lady from the South?

EM! HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    You gusy crack me up! Thanks for the kind words.....your "gifter" will be so happy they arrived safely! This has been "in the works" for some time now. I hope you have a fantastic hatch, Terry! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by