Wynette your grandbabies are pipping anyone else hatching today

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mstricer, Sep 18, 2011.

1. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Yeah they are pipping [​IMG] I'm so excited after 2 failed hatches of other Marans, These are coming along right on time. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I will post pic's as soon as they pop out. Anyone else hatching. You are invited to play the hatching game.
    Michele

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooh, my current batch isn't due to start hatching till Monday/Tuesday! I hope you have a great hatch! I'm looking forward to pics, cause I have some Marans eggs on the way this week!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  3. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Day 21 for me isn't until tomorrow, so I should still have a few popping then too. I love Marans. Hens go broody too, bad thing is they don't give up until they get babies, My little Tess has been trying all summer, I don't think I got any eggs from her since spring. And no mater what I do she will not stop setting, so I just keep on giving her eggs. At least she does get up and eat and drink. I hope she gets babies this time. I gave her 3 silkie eggs. Good Luck, I'm looking forward to chatting during this hatch, Mondays and Tuesdays are my days off from work, and it's supposed to rain for the next two days, darn [​IMG] now I can't do yard work [​IMG] I can watch babies hatching.

Michele

4. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    They are chirping, I can hear them, they want to come out to play.
    Michele

5. muckmuck

muckmuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2011
    Las Vegas
    I had one hatch a day early, last night! My second egg is pipping right now, and I am getting impatient!

Max

6. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I'm getting a lot of exercise, mine are in the garage. I have a bi level house. Down the steps [​IMG] Up the steps [​IMG] down the steps [​IMG] up the steps [​IMG] Its going to be a long night. [​IMG]

7. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    OMGosh this trip down the steps, I almost have a baby a few more chips and [​IMG]

8. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    mstricer

OMGosh this trip down the steps, I almost have a baby a few more chips and

Always exciting! My eggs are upstairs, so I hear you! I live going up and down the stairs just you the last few days.

May I join you?

I put 5 EE x Ameracauna and 5 Ameracauna in lockdown tonight. Day 19, a little late as I didn't like the temp on the LG and had to keep adjusting it. [​IMG]

These eggs had a rough start as I had made arrangements to pick them up and then Irene hit. SO the oldest were getting over 7 days and DH tucked them in the incubator that he had to take to work as we had no power. THen the incubator came home, an hour of no heat. I guess I don't really have any hope that these will hatch--just wait and see. Tossed one --it was leaking [​IMG]

OKAY, really I'm hoping and planning for ALL to hatch, and get 6 girls and 4 boys !​

9. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I'm so excited Wynette, we have a baby. [​IMG]
    This is the best Marans hatch I've ever had. One out and 4 pips and another pipping. Sorry can't contain my excitement. I LOVE MARANS. Wynette wherever you are your eggs are the best I've had. Thank you.
    Michele

10. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are nice dark eggs too, especially for so late in the season. Go, chickies, go! [​IMG]

(Seems to be my motto lately. [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by