1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

X breeds thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rearrolled, Feb 19, 2011.

1. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    hay leets make a cross breeded thread of chickens the r my japanes bantams x rosecome loots of people are willing to pay loots of muny for them but i love them the cage is just getting cleand out so here they r

[​IMG]

this is my light sussex this is what the cage will look like after

[​IMG]

hop i c loots of pics [​IMG]

2. rearrolled

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    so no 1 has x breeds

3. rearrolled

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    doesent any 1 have croos breeds

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  4. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    There are several Cross Breed threads that are already going if you want to use the search engine in the top right corner and check some of them out.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Nearly all of the chicks I hatch are cross bred intentionally.

I raise (1) olive eggers - Araucana X Marans

(2) easter eggers - Ameraucana rooster X Barred rocks

(3) Araucana X Leghorns - for a light blue egg layer

(4) Barred rock rooster X Broiler type hen - for quick growing fryers without leg problems

I sell my hatching eggs as "Rainbow layers" since each dozen sent out has a unique collection of colored eggs.

6. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Do you have any pics of 3 and 4 enola ? I have been wondering what the eggs would look like from crossing Blue with White egg breeds. And I am also planning on breed a barred roo into Cornish Rock hens and working back and forth to breed out the Dominant White to make Black and Barred quick growing birds to sell locally.

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

You would get quicker results on dark colored fryers by starting with Large Fowl Dark Cornish. Each time you cross a true Broiler type you will lose feed/weight gain ratio.

My Araucana/Leghorn crosses are either solid white or splash in color, and most of them are completely rumpless, too. They also lay VERY well.

I don't have any pictures handy, but will be adding them to my BYC page SOON. I have started hatching already and will be posting pictures of adult birds from this same cross that hatched last year. So, just check my site periodically !

8. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i have lots of (unintentional) mixed breeds.
    silkie/rosecombs
    [​IMG]
    cochin/rosecombs (both these girls are now deceased [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the latest cross breed brood...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sugar, my cornish bantam and silkie X chick
    [​IMG]

i also have three more silkie X's and two 3 cochin X's

9. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Thanks for the tip but I'm wanting to cross a buff roo on the broiler type hens too for a specific color that I got one time that I'm wanting to create again and so breed the black and barred into them would be a side project of that.

And your Araucana / Leghorn crossesI'm guessing they are white with black dots like all White Leghorn crosses, their color is Heterozygous Dominant White, not splash. Since there is only one copy of Dom white, it still allows a little black through.

10. rearrolled

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    [​IMG] sorry had no idear about the serch thing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by