X-Treme Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Puddle Foot Farm, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi guys, I ordered from X-Treme Hatchery last week and now I'm wondering what to expect. We ordered 8 Ameraucanas, 7 Welsummers, 5 speckled sussex, and 5 silkies. Does anyone have any experience with this hatchery? Suzanne was very nice and helpful, but I want to know about their birds. Does anyone have any experience with them?

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Is it called X-treme Game bird Hatchery or something like that? I wanted to know more info, so I sent them an email and they never got back to me. :|

3. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    it's a very small hatchery run by the family. i think it's suzanne and her husband and that's it. so you won't get info back from them very quickly. they try to as fast as they can. when they reply, it's usually after 5pm central time, after they've done all the chores around there.

i've always gotten healthy birds from them. i have beautiful giant blue cochins from them that people always want to buy from me. i recently bought some welsummers from them and my friend and i are pleased, but they're still not old enough to lay, so i have no idea on the egg color.

one time i ordered sebrights from them and half my order was some batams with feathered legs. they weren't sure where the mix up was but was happy to refund me the money after i gave them a call. they're very nice people. you just have to have patience with them.

michele

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I notified them around a month ago, so I dont know why they never got back to me... [​IMG]

5. Puddle Foot Farm

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks so much Michele! That makes feel a lot safer about the decision. I figured they were a small business, but I had NO idea of their quality. I'm so excited now!
    Silkie_luver, I'd suggest calling them constantly if you need to know information, or emailing them again. I called them a lot for all my questions and Suzanne even gave me her cell phone number so she could make sure I got my order in on time.

6. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    A friend who is an experienced breeder ordered from them and was very impressed with the quality of their birds.

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    You will not get real ameraucanas, you will get easter eggers from them.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thought about getting some of the DARK RIRs but not sure of the quality.

9. Puddle Foot Farm

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    So far, their birds have been great. We ordered twenty five, got an extra EE and Silkie. None have died, and all of them seem healthy and happy. We had a small issue with a teeny tiny silkie, but he's recovered. I even called the hatchery to ask how to tell the birds apart and John gave me a very in-depth description and offered to identify them by email for me. [​IMG] So, if anyone's questioning them, don't. They're WONDERFUL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by