XD Nugget went to petco!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sixlittlechicks09, Aug 2, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Haha so I got really bored today, and the dogs needed food, so I decided to go for it and take one of my big RIR roosters to petco! I threw his harness on and put him in my mom's old "doggie purse" she had originally bought for our Boston Terrier. [​IMG] Maybe one of the greatest ideas of my life. He settled right down, began preening himself and looking around clucking. Lol, the people at petco (employees and customers) kept peeking around the corner, suddenly remembering something they needed in my aisle and blatently staring until FINALLY while I was looking at the dog crates and older lady looked at me, looked away then did a double take! As everyone in the store peeped from behind boxes she says, "OH MY GOODNESS. IS THAT A REAL LIVE CHICKEN?!" [​IMG] I causually nodded and replied "Yup, his name is Nugget." She thought that was the greatest thing ever and began scratching his head and wattles (his favorite thing ever) The rest of the 20 minutes I was in the store EVERYONE wanted to come up and meet the "Crazy girl with the big chicken". It was fantastic, then he got some more looks at the dairy bar we stopped at. I'm worried my poor roo will get a big head now [​IMG] It was great though! Anybody else take their chickens out?

2. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Im gonna have to try that!

3. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    ^ Me too!

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Cool, I took my Barred Rock roo BobPants to Petco one Christmas to have his picture taken on Santa's lap. He acted better than the dogs. He was so cute sitting there. A lot of people asked if they could pet him, I said sure and everyone liked him. RIP my sweet BobPants, he was killed by a weasel.[​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I've taken a few chickens to the pet store/beach/parks... the best comment was to a silkie roo on a harness:

"OMGGGG!!!! IS THAT A MONKEY!?!?!?!?"

[​IMG]

6. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HA! SO FUNNY. People kept asking me if Nugget was real [​IMG]

Quote:And RIP poor Bobpants! I have a feeling we're going to be using a similar picture on our Christmas card this year [​IMG]
    As if the neighbors don't already think I'm mental!!!

7. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I have this uber sweet silkie who is 8 weeks old right now - friendliest of them all - follows me around like a dog and thinks toes are for nibbling...I took her for a car ride yesterday, she started off in the passanger seat in a towel nest, then by the time I got to town (i was just making a food run) - she's on my shoulder and thankfully i have thick seat covers though she didn't poo on me! I got all kinds of looks while I'm driving down the main strip - lol. Girl at the drive thru did a touble take and about had a fit - she actually is a want to be chicken owner - but lives in the city limits here which doesn't allow chickens - but she said she plans to get a pair of silkies and keep them in a dog house n run so hopefully the neighbors won't know. - lol. too funny.

Pika is such a good rider I may be taking her around more often - need to get her a chicken harness though so she can't escape - lol. May need to find one of those pooch tote bags too! Oh geez I can just see me now. lol

8. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Quote:HA! I can only imagine! Nugget did pretty good, I put a puppy pad on the seat and he did all his buisness on that! And for chicken harnesses, I don't know if you have "Dollar Tree" stores in your area, but if you do GO THERE. They've got GREAT "sturdy-enough-for-chickens" Small dog harnesses for ONLY A DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!! I got like 4 of them, they come in cute prints and everything AND their adjustable fit means they fit my little Bantams and my RIR's! (I think you can buy them online at dollartree.com too) [​IMG]

9. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I would of loved to see all the reactions.

10. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    "OMGGGG!!!! IS THAT A MONKEY!?!?!?!?"
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by