XL Dog Crate Brooder

PNW_Peepers

Crowing
Dec 17, 2017
Astoria, Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
I’m completely new to owning chickens. Tomorrow I’m having 15 female day old chicks sent my way. Just hoping I have everything I could possibly need for when they arrive!
B93D27CE-1639-4462-A92B-1AFDD463B0A8.jpeg 225C8054-9789-4437-8451-B02C37142EC8.jpeg

That will work for a while. How long do you plan on keeping them in there because they will outgrow it relatively quickly. They seem to double in size every week. That will work for a while. How long do you plan on keeping them in there because they will outgrow it relatively quickly. They seem to double in size every week.

That is pretty small for 15 chicks..Once you have feed and water plus the heat source, not much room for Chicks..Plus Chicks are pretty small and might fit right through the wires?...A large appliance Box works or a plywood homemade brooder...Drafts should not get on Chicks so the open sides need covering till they are around two weeks old..

Yes it’s the 50, I read to many negative reviews on the 20 due to the cheaply made legs. Had to go with the 50 as I plan to use the warmer again in the future if all goes well.
Plus the 20 really isn't big enough for 15 chicks for long.
Might want to set up that play pen after about a week.

Back
Top Bottom