Y aren't they developing?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by taraann81, Apr 26, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Hi everyone. My Muscovy laid around 25 eggs. I took 8 eggs and put them in the incubator 11 days ago, I candled them and I can see good veins. Today I went and checked the eggs I didn't take, she started setting on them the same day as I put the ones I took in the incubator, so she has also been setting on them for 11 days. None of hers seem to be developing. I wonder why this would happen? Odds are(I would assume)if all the ones I took from her were fertile the majority of the ones I left with her should be too.
    She has made her nest on cement and it is chilly here still, could that be the reason? Even though she is setting perhaps the eggs are to cold? Any ideas?
    Thank you

2. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Nobody can help me with this? I'm not sure if I should continue to let her lay on them or discard them,

3. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I'm not sure of the answer, but you should cross post this in the incubating and hatching section. I know you will get responses there!

4. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks, I tried but also had no responses. Oh well, I guess I will just wait and see. Thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by