Ya know you live out in the boonies when....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Jul 1, 2011.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Ok ok so ya know you live out in the booines when you can pick up your presecription drugs, get milk and toliet paper, AND pick up your chicken/other animal feed [​IMG] that's what i call convince (this place is about 1/2 away from [​IMG] )

2. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    You know you live in the boonies when every pizza place in town won't deliver to your house!

3. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    ...when a car drives by and you look outside to see why a car is driving by your house.

...or when the neighbor calls and says, "Look outside at this guy walking down the road...do you know him? What's he doing out here?"

...or when your friends ask, "aren't there laws about chickens where you live?" and you just chuckle remembering that your house sits on what used to be a hog farm, and being grateful that it no longer is a hog farm.

4. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    You know you live in the boonies when~~

you call the Sheriff's dept to come to your home and they "don't know that area..."

the pizza delivery people WILL deliver, IF you meet them at the gas station 20 minutes from your home

the power goes out; the power co. arrives in their big truck to trace the line; their truck can't make it up the mountain so you chaffeur them in your Terra-x (cause you want your power back on)

Google doesn't have your address listed and located

5. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    You can shoot off triple breaks and mortars on the fourth of July!

deb g

6. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    HAHAHAHA good ones!!

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:(Just wanted to say that I LOVE the area that you live in .......... my sis has a cabin in Lake Lure)

8. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    ............. the only way you can get internet in the house is to hang your laptop internet card out the window and hope for the best .. [​IMG]

9. justacouplemorechicks

justacouplemorechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Quote:Glad I am not the only one with this problem out in the boonies!!! I do the same thing!!![​IMG]

10. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Quote:WOW you do live in the country - Pizza man will meet you at the gas station .. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by