ya lil blues pecock is fanning for her

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by jimmythechicken, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Songster

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    debbie aka little blue on here has been waiting for her new peacock cody to fan for her an today he was fanning his girl bailey all day nothing great since he is only 1 1/2 years old but was very cool for her an all of us.i think were we got him his tail could not grow out no room about 15 peacocks in a 20x30 pen his tail has grown about 3-4 inces. he is also getting alot of green in him.will try to get some pics of him fanning.

2. Shepicca

Shepicca Songster

May 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    It is always cool when they are comfortable enough to fan when you are around! I used to race down to the pen with a camera and every time I got near the peacock would put his train down, now he will fan while I go in and change the water...progress:)

Irene

3. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Songster

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    it's funny you say that he will fan with debbie down at his coop but when someone else starts to go down there he stops.

4. Frosty

Frosty Songster

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I could be wrong, but I think that for breeding purposes, a 1 1/2 year old is considered a 2 year old. When I got my pair in Oct 2008, they both fit in a cat carrier and had a lot of room to spare. Then when the hen started laying this year, I had a few of the eggs develop though only one made it to hatch. Some of the eggs were likely too old by the time I put them under a broody hen. So if your girl decides to lay any eggs, set them. Nothing to lose...

5. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Songster

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    ya i told debbie to keep an eye out if she lays any eggs we will try ti hatch them. but i really dont think we will get any.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by