ya no the blue stuff that won't come off

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 2chickenrich, Dec 29, 2009.

1. 2chickenrich

2chickenrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    Perry, Georgia
    Well dh said we needed some for our dogs , to paint their feet because they are limping around the yard . So being a good wife and dog mother I went to tractor supply and got some . well the lid leaked into the bag , thank goodness not out of the bag because I put it in the seat not on the floor of the car on the way home. Then not wanting to be waistful I decided to pour what leaked out back in to the bottle and spilled half of it on the driveway. I now have purple fingers and blue nails. It's on my counter top where I sat the bottle to try and clean my hands. It just wouldn't stop , I finally took the bottle outside and walked away before I did more damage.[​IMG]

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    I have had days like that....infact I am having one today![​IMG]

3. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    I hate it when that happens! I've done things like that a couple of times. The more stressed I get about the mess the more likely I am to do something else equally stupid!

4. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    rubbing alcohol

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Burbon....

Not for the mess, for you.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  6. 2chickenrich

2chickenrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    Perry, Georgia

7. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Hah! I was just on here looking for remedies to get the blue stuff off! I just applied some to my hands by accident. So far recommendations are: rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover without the acetone, or Lava soap if you have any. BTW for future reference, I wouldn't use the dauber that comes with the bottle unless you have a large area on the animal. I found that a Q tip worked better for smaller spots on a chicken.

It's good to know that I'm not going to be the only one with blue hands today.

8. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Good one!

9. smileyfacecat

smileyfacecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Wrentham, MA
    nail polish remover should do the trick. [​IMG]

10. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    nail polish remover mixed with rubbing alcohol removes sharpie from a dry erase board. Just maybe it would remove the blu-kote from your hands. Good luck, but I'd do it outside because of the smell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by