yaaaaa just candle first good egg

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by little blue, May 14, 2011.

1. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    my first 4 pea eggs we put in the bator has looked clear but 2 of the 3 we set 8 days ago has viens an you can see a nice dark area. [​IMG] i cant wait to hatch them let go month of may is itjune yet.

2. SDpeafowl

SDpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Dakota
    YAY! I hope they all hatch for you. I remember the feeling when I candled my eggs for the first time and saw veins! My month is over today, have had 4 of 5 hatch and #5 on his way. Good Luck to You!

3. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Congrats [​IMG]

[​IMG] I have already thrown out 6 unfertile eggs. I have 4 more in the incubator and still nothing [​IMG] I wait at least 2 weeks before taking them out.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    For the first time I have a fertile egg, evidently both eggs in the bator were good, but the smaller one didn't look good and well you can just guess what happened when I cracked it open...Ooops.[​IMG] Well I candled the remaining egg today and it is good and I saw the chick moving, so I can't wait to see what happens in the next few days...I can't wait for days 26-30 when I will be on the lookout for pipping if all goes well![​IMG]

Good hatch vibes to everyone![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by