YAH!!!! I finally got eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jkcove08, Feb 19, 2008.

1. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    We have gone months without eggs since this winter has been sooooo screwed up. Actually it is just getting back to what it was like about 10 yrs ago. But either way I went out this morning and found 2. Then we went out this evening to feed everyone and found 13 more!!!!! Talk about going from 0 to 60..lol It took a week and a half to get a dozen eggs and then BAMM aover a dozen in a night.. Spring must be coming in its own slow time... Jenn

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

YAY! EGGS! Sign of spring!!!

3. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

yeah jk, I'm eggcited for you. It's nice knowing they're laying again isn't it? I bet you have egg customers coming outta your ears too!

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    everyone is so lucky. My chickens are on strike. Maye its because I wont give them scratch just layer pellets. Darn pellets dont work. its going to be like that one episode of looney tunes where they had bing crosby and sinatra as chickens and the hens laid over 1,000 eggs at one time.

^ thats going to be my spring [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

I'm not too far from you - we've been getting eggs for a while now, since the begining of January they started up..... we're now getting TONS of eggs, I have 5 dozen in the kitchen, hubby took 2 to work yesterday - I ONLY have 8 standard chickens [​IMG] the eggs took over fast, at first we were keeping up on eating them..... and then - well BAM too many eggs!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] SPRING [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    My girls haven't been laying for a couple of months, then 2 weeks ago I got two eggs - nothing since then.

Glad you guys are starting to get eggs, makes me optimistic about Spring coming!

7. All my hens are roosters

All my hens are roosters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    A few of mine ended their winter strike a week or so ago. Spring must be near!

8. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

you might try the add-cayenne-pepper trick -- seemed to jump-start my hens .. two days later they were producing ... could have been coincidence, of course

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by