Yahoo homepage news... "Hen in Mexican village lays rare eggs...."

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ParkerVA, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
  2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You would think that a news organization with the kind of connections that the AP has would have figured this one out! [​IMG]

3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    That story was on the Today show too, I was hoping someone else saw it!
    I thought to myself, my neighbors hens lay green eggs everyday too, should I call the Today show! They have two hens and some days get 3-4 eggs a day! Now that's news!!!
    Was I missing the rare part to the story?I tried to find something about it on the today web site but couldn't find anything. It was the same story you posted.LOL!
    Brenda

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  4. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Guess nobody told Associated Press or local villagers that green eggs aren't so "rare". But hey, let them have their moment of glory. I wouldn't tell them.

5. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Stop the press !! I have a rare egg laying hen to LOL ( as a matter of fact I have 3 - two lay a light green and one lays an olive green )

wonder how much the Today show would pay me for my story ??? LOL

Julie

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    You know by now the AP and Today Show must feel like idiots - they have to have gotten thousands of calls and e-mails by now. Probably had to take the phones off the hook.

7. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I saw that too this morning. That's the media for ya. They never get anything right. And they actually thought the the inside of the egg was questionable [​IMG] Maybe they think that the easter bunny played a trick on the chicken. [​IMG]

8. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I guess I am rare too!!!! I get gree,blue ,brown and sometimes a white one!!!!!!! Do you reckin the today show ever heard of a eater egger?????[​IMG]

9. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Baaaaaaad Easter Bunny [​IMG]

Dawn

10. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    You know, if no one tells them, the poor Mexican family can make a small fortune off this. They could charge a lot of money per rare green egg. They could charge people to see their rare chicken. They could charge for babies of the rare chicken. The business woman in me sees real opportunity here. I'm happy for the the poor family and hope no one goes back to tell them. Maybe by now National Enquirer has found their way there. They could put the story on the cover of next issue - right next to recent live photo of Elvis.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by