1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yahooo!!!! Day 20 w/ Blue Ameraucanas! *PIPS*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Smitty's Farm, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Yahooo! [​IMG] It's Day 20 and it appears that I already have 2 pips and I thought I heard a faint peep, but you know how your eyes and ears play tricks on you. Plus I have my brooder in the basement where the incubator is w/ other babies down there peeping so sweetly, so it's hard to hear.

OK, back to the basement. Let the fun begin! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    [​IMG] Go little chickies

3. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Oh, I'm so excited! These are Blue Ameraucanas from Skeeter9. I started w/ 7, but one was a yolker....so I'm down to 6 eggs.

They are in my new incubator, so I've anxious to see how it does.

Looks like egg #6 is pipping really well. I always noticed that, that embryo had more movement than the others every time I candled.

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    So, are you measuring the pips and zips yet? [​IMG]
    Where's the pictures? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe the babes in the brooder are encouraging the babes in the bator?

[​IMG] We'll send hatching vibes [​IMG]
    You have sooo much hatching company today, since Speckled has hers all going today, too!!

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I'm so excited I just can't stand it. [​IMG]

Yes, lots of hatching going on today. Hurray!!!!!!!

I was cool as a cucumber until I saw the pip, now everything can be just thrown out the window for the day. [​IMG]

OK, I have all even numbered eggs that have pipped. Egg #2, Egg#4, & Egg#6. Egg #6 has the biggest pip, then #4, & then #2. Yea, so what if I'm measuring them. LOL!!!!!!!

I think babies in the brooder are encouraging them. One of them is a loud peeper, but can't tell which egg it's coming from.

7. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Hey, Smitty, did you know we are now related? [​IMG]

The parents of your chicks are from an order of Cree chicks that I got last April. I sold pairs and trios, and Lori, skeeter9, got a roo and my pullet, Belle. I am VERY excited to see their babies! I don't have any left from that batch, so if I get a broody, I want to give her some of Jack and Belle's eggs!

Best of luck on your hatch!!! I'll be watching for updates!

8. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Oh Lynn, what a cool piece of info! What a small world! I didn't know that. I knew that Jack & Belle was the Cree line, but didn't know that Lori got them from you. That is so neat!

I've seen pics of Jack & Belle and they are both just gorgeous! I'm very excited about this hatch. I love my EE mutts, but have been wanting some Ameraucanas for a very long time.

Thanks for the hatching vibes everyone. I need it. In my other old Galvanized Brower Bator I had 2 no hatches of banty ameraucanas. [​IMG] The first batch was the PO's fault w/ no development at all, some scrambled yolks and some ruptured air sacs. The second attempt w/ replacement eggs I ended up w/ 4 viables at Day 6 that quit at diff stages. It was so sad! [​IMG]

I did have a 100% hatch w/ some local BO in the same bator inbetween trying the bantys.

Keep sending the vibes~

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Well?
    It's been over 30 minutes with no updates....

Maybe you're in the basement with your nose pressed against the bator window [​IMG]

10. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Quote:Nope, down loaded pics to clear the camera for the hatch. I was trying to keep busy in hopes that there will be more action when I go back to the dungeon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by