Y'all told me my roo's breed, now can y'all help me with my hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Quiobole, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Quiobole

Quiobole Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2010
    Houston
    Thanks to everybody who helped figure out my roo's breed. It was agreed upon that he was an EE crossed with a Delaware:
    [​IMG]

Now I would like to see if someone can tell me the breed of my hen. Sorry that I couldn't take a clearer pic. She was moving a lot and my roo was getting in the way (almost seemed like he did it on purpose!)

P.S. A little fun fact: her name is Tequila. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like either a Gamefowl cross or an Easter Egger cross.

btw - That rooster is not a Delaware cross. [​IMG] Delawares are barred and Columbian, both dominant traits, that bird is neither barred nor columbian colored.

3. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

Looks alot like my EE Goldie except she's lighter in the breast

[​IMG]

She's my favorate but not the friendliest. I just love her coloring

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that isn't an EE. She has a single comb, looks like she's got white earlobes, and her body nor color match the typey EE. She looks to me like a brown Leghorn cross or a Welsummer cross.

5. farmgirl1995

farmgirl1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Georgia:)
    I agree with a brown leghorn cross

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that isn't an EE. She has a single comb, looks like she's got white earlobes, and her body nor color match the typey EE. She looks to me like a brown Leghorn cross or a Welsummer cross.

Sorry OP, but slight thread derail.........I agree with the above, that's not an EE, my guess would be Brown leghorn. Is she laying, and what color are her eggs?

Okay, OP, I don't think she's pure anything, a mix of...........huh. Is she laying and what color eggs?

7. Quiobole

Nov 26, 2010
    Houston
    Can we go back to my hen please? That isn't cool... [​IMG]

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:

9. Quiobole

Nov 26, 2010
    Houston
    Sorry I didn't know who you were talking to.[​IMG]

No unfortunately she isn't laying. I'm not really sure of her true age to be honest with you... [​IMG]

10. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    An EE is a cross/mixbreed in itself so there is no such thing as an EE cross. It's just an EE which makes both of your birds...EEs. Breed them together & you may get colored egger babies. Your hen may also lay colored eggs herself as she has the pea comb which is closely linked with colored eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by