1. Kickin.Cowgirl

Kickin.Cowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Hi Everyone~!
    I'm looking at putting a smaller coop in our actual yard for 2-3 silkies and having the other flocks coop down by the barn... I'm wondering if anyone has purchased and put one of thse together? if so how hard are they to put together..?

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog...ursquare-Coop-with-Run-3-4-chickens-p720.aspx

[​IMG]

I'm hopeless at any kind of construction and I asked my husband if he could and he said he doubts he could... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Kickin.Cowgirl :

Hi Everyone~!
    I'm looking at putting a smaller coop in our actual yard for 2-3 silkies and having the other flocks coop down by the barn... I'm wondering if anyone has purchased and put one of thse together? if so how hard are they to put together..?

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog...ursquare-Coop-with-Run-3-4-chickens-p720.aspx

[​IMG]

I'm hopeless at any kind of construction and I asked my husband if he could and he said he doubts he could... [​IMG]

there not hard to put to gether but silkies well most likely not clime up the ramp to go in the coop​

3. Kickin.Cowgirl

Nov 7, 2011
    Quote:Ok well scrub that one then... thanks! [​IMG]

4. The Accidental Coop

The Accidental Coop Out Of The Brooder

Our silkies venture up into the hen house during the day for a quick visit but sleep on the ground at night [​IMG].

5. Kickin.Cowgirl

Nov 7, 2011
    Quote:Ha! That's interesting...what about when its winter?

6. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Kickin.Cowgirl :

they well still just sleep on the ground​

7. The Accidental Coop

The Accidental Coop Out Of The Brooder

Kickin.Cowgirl :

We just checked the coop and the silkies are in the hen house! This is a first! [​IMG] We discovered a fox at the coop this morning then again at dusk tonight (thanks to our roo sounding the alarm). Perhaps our roo Drumstick convinced Phyllis and Goldie the hen house is a better place to sleep than the run! PS They used the ramp [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by