Yard Sale Find: Look How Pretty!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurajean, May 14, 2011.

1. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Went downtown today and passed a yard sale that was packing up because it was starting to rain. Looked like mostly junk, but I eyeballed this from afar and turned around and went back to look. It's a decorative bird cage thingy! The lady said she had candles in it, but I'm thinking a trailing plant would look really pretty. Maybe mini-ivy, or a spider plant. It's very well made, sturdy and nice. The top has an opening so if you put a plant in it you could put the plant hook right through the top and hang it. The whole top opens up, as does the little door and there's a drawer to clean out debris.

The best part? TWO BUCKS!!!! [​IMG] Isn't it pretty? The pictures are kind of dark because it's a dismal rainy day, but this little find brightened my day... it's the simple things in life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's real nice.
    What are you going to do with it?

Imp

ETA- Guess I'd better go eat breakfast or something. You already answered my question.
    And I originally typed "What are you gonna do about it?

Imp shouldn't have stayed up till dawn.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. littlefork

littlefork Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Cool find, and only two bucks. I have a frog cookie jar that was a yard sale find, they were closing up and when I asked how much it was, she said just take it please, I'm gonna throw out anything that hasn't sold. Don't you just love it when something good happens.

4. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    very cute!

5. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Actually I'm redoing my bedroom right now, painting it and changing the colors, and it will have a lot of white in it. So I'm thinking of either hanging it or putting it on a dresser with a trailing plant of some kind in it, maybe an ivy. I think the contrast with a green plant in it will look nice.

6. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Setting up a little terrarium would look cool, but finding a glass container to fit inside it probably would be a challenge.... [​IMG] maybe I'll just stick with a regular plant.

7. Dannee

Dannee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    Oh my...2 dollars????? I have one that my mother in law got for me....it's not painted and the top does not open like yours. The man selling it said it was an antique and wanted 100.00 for it, she got him down to 100.00 for both of them..( He had 2 different ones) Great find!!!!

[​IMG]

8. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Wow, they're almost identical in their styling, aren't they? I'd prefer your antique any day though, I love antiques. Do you "use" yours for anything or just a decoration?

9. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    What a great find! Would look beautiful with an ivy trailing out of it... I'm feeling a bit envious at the moment, my apologies [​IMG]

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Pictures of garage sale birdcages.

Here's mine, got it a few years ago for $10. It hangs in the cherry trees. I keep my legal roo in it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by