yay....18 soon to be babies if all goes well after candling tonight :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nicoletm24, Jul 22, 2010.

1. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    YAY...a few days ago i only had 14 i was 100% sure of...tonight, some of my ?s were jumping around like crazy! so now i'm up for 18 soon to be babies [​IMG]

i'm so stinking excited! 11 more days and we should have fuzzy butts!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

i'm like a momma checking on these things! it's crazy how obsessed you can get with these eggs! but i'm loving it. [​IMG]

i cannot wait until day 21. i'll be up all night checking on em!

so...as long as the temp and humidity stay in range for the nest 8 days...before lock down, i'm hoping and keeping fingers crossed that i should have 18 fuzzy butts pipping. [​IMG]:fl:fl:fl:fl

8 more days til lock down..it's like i'm counting down for christmas i'm so excited! LOL

2. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    omg your just like me [​IMG] EVERY time I hatch eggs I stay up all night when one starts pipping!! I hope it all goes well and remember tp let us know when they hatch!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I did that stayed up the entire 24 hours and I will never do that again. I always stay up every night till about 2 am and then go to sleep wake up at 6 am do my chores let the chickens out collect eggs and what not. But never stay up an entire 24 hours I am still trying to get back my energy and get rid of this cracking headache.....

I know better next time to get plenty of rest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by